Lionel Poujol, Switch and Media Converter Application Engineer
What are your main tasks?
My missions cover several areas:
- Develop the range of Ethernet switches and media converters.
- Propose technical and commercial solutions to customers.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support.
- Provide in-house expertise.
Can you tell us more about the Ethernet Switch and Media Converter range?
- Ethernet switches are electronic devices. They manage the communication between terminals within a local network. Ethernet is the communication protocol.
- Simply put, media converters are switches equipped with optical ports!
- Amphenol switches are designed to withstand the harshest environments.
Can you tell us more about your customers?
- Most of our customers are major players in the defense industry.
- For example: Thales, Lockheed Martin in the US, Aselsan in Turkey.
- Our switches are used for example in armored vehicles, ships and even in drones.
What skills do you need to do your job?
- To do this job, you must first of all be able to listen to customers.
- You need a good general knowledge of electronics and computer networks.
- And finally, you need to have a synthetic mind and rigor.
Tell us something interesting about your job
- Did you know that we have Amphenol switches in the ISS (International Space Station)? They are used for a program to map the earth from space.
What do you like most about your job?
- I enjoy proposing elaborate technical solutions to my customers.
- Embedded Ethernet network issues are very interesting from a technological point of view.
- I attach a lot of importance to the services rendered to my customers and to their satisfaction.